The Board of Director’s is very pleased to announce that CAIR is becoming an Allied Member of AGRiP (Association of Governmental Risk Pools) on January 1, 2014.
At the CAIR Members meeting last month, Jenny Emery, Executive Director presented on the benefits AGRiP could offer our members. As an Allied Member, CAIR is entitled to:
- Permit any CAIR member to have representatives – staff or board members – attend AGRiP conferences at the AGRiP-member rate , which is currently a discount of over $300 per person verses the non-member rate;
- Establish a CAIR member only facility on the AGRiP website;
- Recommend and contribute to no less than one session topic at each major AGRiP conference (spring and fall), relevant to all attendees, but of specific interest to Canadian organizations;
- Place a CAIR representative on the newly formed Education Advisory Council (EAC), which allows for input into and influence on all of our educational programming;
- Provide an AGRiP-facilitated opportunity for CAIR members to meet at AGRiP events*;
- Assign one Designated Representative, on behalf of CAIR, who will have a vote in AGRiP elections.
*As agreed at the meeting last month, CAIR will continue hold the Annual Members Meeting in Canada.
Three CAIR reciprocals are full members of AGRiP (additional benefits compared to Allied membership) and eligible reciprocals are invited to become full members, at an additional cost, if they so choose. Please contact AGRiP directly if interested.
To view the spring conference – 2014 Governance and Leadership Conference brochure, please click here: AGRiP Spring 2014 Conference. If you are planning to attend I suggest you register soon to ensure you get one of the discounted hotel rooms set aside for AGRiP. To register, go to the website on the brochure and click on the link to the conference, then register as a “non-member” and use the registration code “CAIR,” which should generate the member rate. If you have any questions please contact Jessica Tripoli at [email protected].
We are looking forward to a long and mutually beneficial association with AGRiP and we hope you take advantage of the many opportunities this relationship brings. A list of CAIR members and contact details will be provided to AGRiP so that they can contact you directly in future about their events.